Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Damn and Blast

You know, there's nothing scarier to someone that provides custom knitting than hearing a click in their wrist and feeling it in their arm when they pick up their needles! It doesn't bode well for racing through the orders over the winter season (though never fear those with orders! I'm not one that wouldn't get orders completed)

But then, there's no huge surprise really...not now that I think about it. Did you know this year I have completed 51 knitted items and knit up 9615 metres (or 10515 yds) - that's an average of 188 metres per project, so we're not talking about 50 odd dishcloths...though there was only 1 adult knit in there, and that was a scarf in 4 ply, not a jersey or anything.

I'm also a touch off 10350 views - which isn't bad for a blog that went public in Nov - that means it's now 7 months Coco kids has been up and running then.

Thanks! Thanks for your orders, your comments - and hopefully some suggestions for avoiding RSI (besides not knitting lol)

7 comments:

  1. wow, just reading all those numbers makes my head spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 10350 Views and WOW only 7 months ... seems longer that Coco Kids has been around! ... you guys are great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL my main advise is to not knit. But taking even a few days off really helps. And keeping your arms and hands toasty warm helps helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Julia! If there's anything I can do to help just yell. I have no advice on teh RSI front other than sending healing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest, thats about all. Maybe some excercises? I've had tendonitis is both wrists (RSI), I had physio for 2 months and changed my job, but it still plays up if I use the computer too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wrist support - just a small one that goes round when you're knitting. Honestly, works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clicky wrists are never good. This site might give you a few pointers http://www.rsi-relief.com/2008/06/rsi-advice-for-knitters/

    ReplyDelete