Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pile On

I mentioned a 'pile on' at my local knitting night when someone wouldn't share some info - and afterwards wondered if anyone had understood. When I was younger, we used to have pile ons at my house. I'm one of 5 kids, and we used to pile on top of one of my sisters or brother (not normally my brother as he was the youngest and would've been squashed flat). Sometimes when you wanted to know something, you'd just do a 'pile on' pinning the person down...tee hee hee.

I hope my family don't mind me sharing this pic taken in 1984 - when we found it we actually were thrilled, it had been missing for probably 15 years and we all decided it was a nice one of all of us...can you spot which one is me?

I've also got a pile of knitting - some for orders that I've completed and will wrap and get ready for couriering tonight. Others are my test knits that are still waiting for the launch of the pattern - so that I don't need them for anything anymore - and some are for gifts or to sell when I get around to it.


We had a non-rainy day yesterday so I actually managed to get some outside photos - they're the best

Speaking of the pattern - I'm almost getting a little excited...I think this pattern may actually get released! Earlier this year I hit a few speed bumps of my own doing with the pattern and so I've been waiting for more and more...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Watch this space for more pics and info in a couple of days - I've set the 20th as the day of release, though I still have testers knitting like crazy so unless we hit some more speed bumps that take a bit longer to sort - June the 20th it is.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and help with the patterns! Mwah!

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pattern when it's ready! Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules would you happen to be front and middle... Penny is the spitting image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Caroline said! I can't believe how similar you and Penny are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmm obviously bowl cuts were big in 1984.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve to be excited, you have worked so hard on this pattern and it's awesome!

    I'm also picking you're front and middle.:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna! You look lovely! It's a nice photo of you - no? I love that we are all wearing those little gold name badges too - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon Anna is at the back and you are next to her in the pink dress. And man - does Tim look the image of your brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've still got my little gold name badge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, that's me - centre front, and I think if you look at pics of my son, there's also a striking resemblance between me as a kid and him :)

    ReplyDelete