Sunday, July 4, 2010

Busy...

That's the reason why I haven't updated my blog recently - busy, busy, busy.

What with the release of the patterns, and the answering of many messages regarding them, along with the custom knitting and the testing of the next pattern (it's due to be released on the 1st of August, it probably will be ready before then but I like the idea of releasing it on the 1st of a month) - and then there's being a wife and a mum to 2 children with my oldest almost 3 1/2, well I'm just a tad busy!

But I have managed to knit some items for my family - Blair was bemoaning that he didn't have a warm hat and that I never knit him anything so voila, I whipped him up a Hat Fit For A Boyfriend using TWC smoke in an evening. I did add an extra 1/2" to the length of it, but I think next time, I'd add another 1/2" again.


And I bought some gorgeous yarn through a co-op last year on TNN. It was Woolly Wumpkins 10ply/aran BFL that I had dyed especially in a blue/green colourway that was called 'Paradisiac' and a semi solid blue trim to match,. I did mean to knit it up last year, but never mind - this year Tim has a new Milo (the first for either of my own kids) and a pair of Looking Glass Longies.

Before and After

And Penny's going to get the dress I'm doing a final test of at the moment called 'Teacher's Pet' - and dyed in some gorgeous 8ply merino supplied by the lovelies at Wicked Knits.


And something for me - yep, about time. I decided that on release of the e-book of my patterns, that if I sold enough copies in the couple of days before Knitsch's Flights of Fancy yarn club started, that I would treat myself to my first spot in a yarn club. The good news was that thanks to the tremendous support of so many wonderful knitters I indeed was able to afford a spot. I arrived today and it's fabulous. I want to put up pics right now but can't because some people are still waiting for their yarn club packages so will have to edit this and add a picture next week when I get the all clear. As much as I love the pattern that came with the yarn, I think I'll knit the pattern - but using some other yarn I have in mind. The lovely yarn that came in the club was just sooo gorgeous (and 120gms, so a great amount) that I need to knit me something super super special with it. I even considered socks - but it's too nice for my feet!

4 comments:

  1. love the hat ... did you do any other adjustments as i see its written for 10 ply -- hubby just spotted it over my shoulder to so guess what i'm knitting in the near future (he wants to be able to fold it up though - crazy man! = more knitting haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but I did knit it on 4mms, so that's equiv to any other knitter using 5mms, but it's not too loose or anything (and would fold up ;) ). It would be really easy to add extra stitches in multiples of 10 though, so you could knit it on say 4mms with 110 stitches at a guess without me checking what that works out to diameter wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should add Sam, I showed Blair lots and lots of lovely yarns I was dying to knit up into a snuggly hat for him, but nope, it was the Smoke he spotted and wanted - regardless of the fact that it didn't suit the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great knits, I too am in the middle of knitting my man that same pattern with TWC navy that he picked out (still doing my boy his Hotshot which is coming along great) :-)

    ReplyDelete