Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time for a new hat

My son has only worn a hat that he inherited from his sister lately - it's been his firm favourite. It looks a bit like a watermelon or strawberry and is incredibly floppy, so much so that I don't know how he knows where he is going most of the time.


Now while he looks gorgeous in whatever, when I was invited to a night of catching up with some lovely playcentre mums I haven't seen for ages as well as learning how to sew a bucket hat (which could possibly replace the 'berry') I jumped at the chance.

The pattern that we were using was this one here by Sew Much Ado - it's fab for someone like me that needs pictures! I didn't use any interfacing, my fabric from Lewis' was quite heavy and so I hoped that would be enough to stop the flop factor.

So - although I cut out my fabric on the tute-night, it wasn't until today that I finally sewed it together.


And it seems to fit both my almost 2 and almost 4 year old just nicely (they both have 49cm heads) You'll have to excuse the just sewn together pics, it really does sit nicely even if the pictures of it on Tim's head look a little crooked. And it's reversible too!


 

It won't be the last hat I make I don't think! Now...to source me some Wiggle fabric, I have one obsessed little boy that's been asking Santa for Wiggly stuff in his stocking and at the moment I have a feeling he might be very disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Kmart? I got Mahana a Dorothy one from there last year and it's been great!!

    ReplyDelete