Monday, September 17, 2012

Yarnies I love #1 - Knitsch & HRYC

I mentioned last time I blogged that I should do a series of yarnies that I love - so here it begins.

Holland Road Company is my local yarn store and is run by the young and talented Tash. She opened the bricks and mortar store in Petone after starting her successful  knitsch sock dyeing business and now her shop is where I stop if I need anything special.

Tash still dyes her stunning knitsch yarn, as well as running yarn clubs with it, but she also stocks lots of luxury yarns that are hard to get in New Zealand - like Spud & Chloe, Fyberspates (I LOVE the sheen of Fyberspates, it's the silk content), Cascade along with many others. Tash also stocks Knitpro and sells all kinds of other fabulous things needed for knitting and crocheting - stitch markers, WIP bags, patterns, well everything!

If you're ever in Wellington with a little bit of time to spare, you should pop in there and have a look - it's a beautifully set up shop.

 
(these photos were taken from Tash's Blog)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man - I am soooo envious. I am trying to convince Mr Myrtle that we should move to Wellington....

    ReplyDelete